eobdtool

eobdtool
HOT

2015年7月15日星期三

How to use MB Star C4 to turn off 2007 S550s ABS light

I have a 2007 MB S550s with 72,744 miles. When I was driving home last night, the ABS light came on all of a sudden. I did some research and decided to turn it off myself. I bought a MB Star C4 diagnostic tool from a local after-market shop this morning and finally got the light off. The whole procedure took me nearly an hour as it was my first time DIY repair. I saw several forum threads about disabling abs light without answers, thought I would share my experience here and hope it helps anyone.

Note: 
Before we start please notice that this SD C4 diagnostic tool only work on Dell D630 laptop, you will need to borrow one if you do not have one.

How to:
Follow Youtube videos to get SD C4 software installed on the Dell D630 laptop.
Switch on the ignition key but do not start the car.
Locate the OBD2 diagnostic socket on the car and plug the SD C4 system to the 16pin port using the OBD2 cable in C4 package and to a Dell D630 laptop using the USB cable.

Start the SD C4 unit, go to vehicle model selection menu, and select the car model as S550s in the menu.

Go to the control module program and select Control units.
Select Body in Control unit groups window.

In Body screen, select AB – Airbag.

Then follow the system prompts to get the abs light disabled.
Disconnect the MB SD C4 unit when finished.

没有评论:

发表评论